Are you concerned that your wedding arrangements are going way above budget? There are quite a few things that you simply cannot do without and wedding music is one of them. You might be tempted to cut costs when hiring a band but this can backfire on you badly.
If you figure out what contributes to the cost of wedding music then you will have a better idea of how to trim costs. It is therefore a very good idea to keep the following facts in mind:
- Local bands tend to be cheaper than outstation ones simply because you won’t have to arrange (or pay for) accommodation. Needless to say, you can’t expect a fancy local band to be cheaper than an ordinary or unknown outstation band. Look out for a talented but cheap local band in order to get the best value for money.
- Live bands cost more than DJ music. Most live bands consist of around 5 musicians, although this can vary. If you need a soloist to perform something special then you might have to hire this person separately. Similarly, you might have to hire a DJ separately if you want to set a different and fast-paced mood for the reception that follows the ceremony.
- The band will need special sound systems in order to be heard properly. Some bands have their own equipment and so do certain venues. If neither of them have the equipment then you’ll have to hire it separately.
- Band hire costs vary according to the time of the year. If your wedding takes place ‘off-season’ then you might be able to hire musicians who would normally be completely out of your reach.
- The hire charge of a wedding band is generally for a fixed period of time. If your music is such a hit that your guests want to keep partying then you’ll have to pay more money to your band to keep playing. It is a good idea to discuss this with the band in advance and fix a special rate for this period. A DJ would be a cheap alternative to live music and would actually be preferable especially when the party is in full swing.
Be sure to take all these factors into account when planning your wedding music. If you are able to hire the best possible band at a really good price then you will have a whole lot of money left over for other wedding related expenses.